Andreas Braunsdorf is director at Dentons GmbH Wirtschaftsprüfungsgesellschaft Steuerberatungsgesellschaft and Counsel in Dentons’s Berlin office. He is a certified public auditor and a business administration graduate, who focuses on auditing and related advisory services, such as financial due diligence audits, financial and accounting consultancy, as well as consulting for companies in crisis, company evaluations and tax advice.
- Prokon: Auditing the financial statements and the consolidated accounts in preliminary and opened insolvency proceedings.
- Several companies under auditing obligation: Auditing and preparing the financial statements and the consolidated accounts according to German and international accounting standards for manufacturing companies and for trade, service and transportation companies.
- Listed cable-network company: Auditing the annual financial statements and the consolidated accounts of a German cable-network operator according to the German Commercial Code (HGB) and to IFRS.
- German collecting company: Auditing the annual financial statements of the company and its subsidiaries according to the Copyright Administration Act (now Collecting Societies Act).
- Several accountable companies: Providing an expert opinion on accounting issues according to German and international accounting standards.
- Various real estate companies: Auditing the Financial and tax due diligence on the side of the prospective buyers.
- Different debtors: Examining provided credit guarantees (“Credit Guarantee Examination”) for the lender.
- Well-known shopping center in Berlin: Drafting a restructuring concept according to IDW S6 and subsequent controlling of the restructuring progress.
- Medium-sized companies of various industries: Evaluating and calculating scenarios of breaking up and utilizing companies in- and outside of insolvency proceedings.
- Several factually insolvent companies: Preparing protective shield certificates according to § 270b InsO.
- Several companies in the final phase of insolvency proceedings: Preparing cash and final billing audits in compliance with insolvency law.
- Renowned German family office: Providing business administration services for a large German family office; handling ongoing tax declarations and preparing annual financial statements as well as calculating and evaluating alternatives for complex tax and business management issues.
- Renowned German family office: Accompanying a large real estate portfolio on the introduction of SAP RE-FX for the IT-based assessment of input tax amounts deductible from invoice amounts received and verification of the amounts assessed by SAP RE-FX via a comparative calculation of the relevant amounts for the entire real estate portfolio throughout the first year after introduction of the software.
- “The Insider Dossier: How to apply with auditing companies. Joining leading public auditing companies,” 1st to 3rd edition, ISBN-3946526032, 2012
Activities and Affiliations
- Member, Institut der Wirtschaftsprüfer (IDW)
- Member, Wirtschaftsprüferkammer (WPK)
Prior and Present Employment
- Counsel, Dentons, Berlin, 2017 to date
- Managing Director Dentons GmbH, Berlin, 2017 to date
- Self-employed public auditor with own practice, Berlin, 2015-2017
- Senior Associate, Dentons, 2013-2015
- Authorized Signatory, Dentons GmbH, Berlin, 2013-2015
- Restructuring expert with Schultze & Braun GmbH Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft Wirtschaftsprüfungsgesellschaft, Berlin, 2012
- Public Auditor with René Schaeffler GmbH Wirtschaftsprüfungsgesellschaft Steuerberatungsgesellschaft, Munich, 2011
- Senior Associate/Public Auditor in the audit department of KPMG Bayerische Treuhandgesellschaft AG, Munich, and KPMG AG Wirtschaftsprüfungsgesellschaft, Berlin, 2005-2010